100g light muscovado sugar
2 x 400g cans of condensed milk
175g digestive biscuits (for base)
65g butter (for base)
1 sachet banana angel delight (for topping)
2 medium bananas (for topping)
Grated milk chocolate (for topping)
Handy HintWatch the condensed milk whilst heating as it tends to burn very quickly.
Method1. Crush biscuits in a polythene bag (I use freezer bags).
2. Melt the butter in small pan, remove from heat and stir in the crushed biscuits.
3. Mix then spread the mixture over base and sides of a flan tin/shallow cake tin, pressing into place with back of spoon.
4. Put the butter and sugar in a larger pan (non-stick). Heat gently until butter has melted and sugar dissolved then add condensed milk.
5. Stir continuously with wooden spatula until the mixture is thick and toffee coloured.
6. Pour onto prepared base and leave to set.
7. Arrange sliced bananas all over toffee and then prepare angel delight (bit of a cheat but delicious).
8. Spoon angel delight over bananas until they are covered. Allow banoffee pie to set for a while and then decorate with grated milk chocolate.