Ingredients50g plain 70% cocoa solids chocolate (broken into pieces)
400ml semi-skimmed milk
150ml double cream
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1 mild chilli
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsp whipped cream
4 cinnamon sticks
Pinch of mixed spice
Method1. Place the chocolate in a pan with the milk, cream and sugar.
2. Split the chilli using a sharp knife, and remove the seeds. Then place the pod in the milk with the cinnamon and mixed spice.
3. Heat gently, stirring until the mixture is smooth, but do not allow it to boil.
4. Remove the chilli from the milk. Beat the egg lightly then pour a little of the warm milk into the egg, and whisk well.
5. Gradually pour on the rest of the milk and return to pan. Cook gently until thickened
6. Serve in small cups with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick.