Ingredients2 pinches of salt
2 tsp dried yeast
280ml warm water
360g plain/wholemeal flour
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Method1. Mix salt and yeast in a bowl with the water.
2. In a separate bowl sieve the flour and make a well in the centre.
3. Pour the yeast mixture and the oil into the well and mix with a wooden spoon until texture turns doughy.
4. Clean and flour a flat surface, then place the dough on it. Turn out and knead with your hands for about 3 mins.
5. Place dough in a bowl and cover with a towel.
Leave to rise in a warm place for at least 30mins. The dough should nearly double in size.
6. Pre-heat oven to gas mark 7.
7. Once risen, place the dough onto a floured surface. Split into 2 equal halves and shape into round pizza bases using your hands.
8. Place the bases onto oiled baking trays.
9. Put toppings on the pizza.
10. Bake in oven for 8-10 mins or until the crust is golden brown.