Ingredients3 tbsp butter
1 small onion
5 cloves garlic
225g (8oz) risotto rice
1 glass white wine
1pt vegetable stock
100-200g (4-8oz) mushrooms (I like to use 6oz field/cup mushrooms and 2oz oyster mushrooms)
1 handful flat leaf parsley
115g (4oz) parmesan
1-2 lemons (juiced)
Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
2. Finely chop the onion and 3 cloves of garlic.
3. Slowly fry in 1 tbsp of butter and a dash of olive oil for about 15 minutes until translucent and soft.
4. Add the rice and lightly fry for 1 minute.
5. Add the wine and stir thoroughly.
6. After all the wine has been absorbed, add the stock a ladle at a time, waiting until the all the stock has been absorbed before adding the next.
7. While this is going on, fry the mushrooms in 1tbsp butter, 2 whole cloves of garlic and salt for 5 minutes.
8. Put the mushrooms in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
9. Chop most of the mushrooms, leaving some for decoration.
10. Chop the parsley, juice the lemon and grate the cheese.
11. When the rice is nearly ready, add the parsley, cheese, 1 tbsp butter and lemon juice. Turn off the heat and leave with the lid on for 2 minutes.
12. Check that the rice is ready, and if it is add the chopped mushrooms give a good stir and serve. Adding some of the roast mushrooms, a sprinkling of cheese on the top.