Ingredients2 tbsp olive oil
700g boneless lamb shoulder (trimmed of most fat and cut into cubes)
2 tomatoes (roughly chopped)
6 tbsp double cream
1 tbsp ground coriander
½ tsp hot chilli powder
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground cinnamon
6 green cardamom pods (lightly toasted and crushed)
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
2 medium onions (diced)
1 tbsp fresh ginger (finely chopped)
125ml boiling water
½ chicken stock cube
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 heaped tbsp coconut cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Naan bread and Basmati rice to serve
Method1. Peel and chop onion, garlic and ginger. Trim and cube lamb.
2. If using a slow cooker, pre-heat the pot base on low. Warm oil in frying pan.
3. Add the coconut cream to the oil and heat whilst stirring for a few minutes.
4. Add the chopped onion, garlic, ginger and spices. Stir and cook for around 3 minutes.
5. Lightly toast the cardomom pods in the oven, crush and add to the pot.
6. Add the lamb, stock cube, water and seasoning. Stir, transfer to slow cooker and cover. Cook on the low setting for 5 hours.
7. Add the tomatoes and cream, stir and increase to high heat setting for a few minutes to bring back up to heat.
8. Add the chopped coriander and stir.
9. Serve the lamb korma with lightly toasted naan bread and basmati rice.