Ingredients6 to 12 good quality sausages (cooked and sliced into rounds)
2x400g tin chopped tomatoes
400g tin baked beans
2 Polish Kabanos sausages (sliced into rounds)
3 large carrots (peeled and sliced)
1 onion (peeled and chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (peeled and sliced)
Handful of red lentils, pearl barley and green lentils (not pre-soaked)
Couple of glugs of Worcestershire sauce
Seasoning, to taste
Handy HintWe tend to cook the sausages and onions the night before, so they are cold and easy to slice in the morning If you increase the lentils and add other veg, you can get away with 1 pack of sausages instead of 2.
Method1. Layer the carrots on the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Layer the onions, sausages and then the kabanos on top of the carrots.
3. Sprinkle the lentils and pearl barley on top.
4. Spoon out the baked beans in a layer, then do the same for the tinned tomatoes.
5. Add a couple of glugs of Worcestershire sauce.
6. Add the garlic and herbs.
7. Pour over the lager (and if the food is not fully covered by it, add some water).
8. Leave to cook on low all day. Serve with mash, baked potatoes, rice or pasta.