Ingredients1 packet orange jelly
1 tin mandarin segments
Some sponge fingers (optional)
1 bar chocolate (dark works best)
580ml (1pt) custard
1 pot whipping cream or some squirty cream
Handy HintFor a more adult version, you could add sherry, Bailey's or an orange liqueur to the sponge fingers. Eat and enjoy with friends if you can spare any!
Method1. Select a suitable dish for your trifle and add the sponge fingers if using.
2. Next add the mandarin segments to the dish.
3. Make up the jelly as per the packet and add to the trifle dish. Allow to set overnight.
4. Melt 3/4 of the chocolate and pour over jelly.
5. Make up custard and allow to cool slightly (or use ready made version) and add to the dish on top of the chocolate.
6. Allow custard to set if making.
7. Whip cream (or use squirty cream) and apply to the trifle.
8. Grate the remaining chocolate and use to decorate your trifle.