Ingredients4 chicken thighs/3 chicken breasts ( diced)
1 large onion
Herbs (of your choice)
1 can of leek and potato soup
Little bit of stock (if necessary)
White wine (optional)
Handy HintTo serve, throw children in front of unsuitable TV programme. Finish contents of wine bottle. You can make extra of the chicken / leek concoction than needed and freeze it for another day.
Method1. Soften the leeks and the onion in a little olive oil.
2. Add the chicken and brown through.
3. Add the CHEAT .... a can of leek and potato soup, and a hint of white wine (reserving the rest for later)
4. Adjust the seasoning by adding herbs, salt and pepper.
5. Let this cook together for a while, adding veg or chicken stock as necessary.
6. Meanwhile peel and thickly slice enough potatoes and parboil (about 8 minutes).
7. Transfer the chicken / leek concoction to a deep baking dish and top with a generous layer of the potatoes, finishing with a good dollop of the grated cheese.
8. Pop in the middle shelf of a moderate oven (as opposed to a rampaging one !) gas mark 5/160C for about 15-20 mins.