Ingredients250g peeled pumpkin cut into small pieces
125g unsalted butter softened
120g caster sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
250g self-raising flour
Handy HintSoak raisins in water then drain before adding to make lovely and juicy
Method1. Heat oven to 150C.
2. Boil pumpkin for 10 mins/until cooked.
3. Drain pumpkin, then mash until smooth.
4. Beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
5. Add syrup, mix well.
6. Add egg, mix well.
7. Add flour and raisins, fold in well with metal spoon.
8. Spoon mixture into greased 20cm cake tin.
9. Bake for 1 hour 20 mins/until skewer comes out clean.