Ingredients1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
Tomato puree, to taste
Worcester sauce, to taste
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp sugar
Mushrooms cut into small pieces
Pasta of your choice
Handy HintThis is a great base to add all sorts of other ingredients to. I often add tuna fish near the end of the cooking time or even some cooked sausages. You can turn it into a bake by transfering to an oven dish, topping with cheese (cheddar, mozzerella etc) and putting in the oven for 10 mins. Can also be used as a great base for making pizzas. I have often hidden vegetables such as courgette and broccoli (adding at the beginning of cooking) and then blitzing in the food processer.
Method1. Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until translucent, adding the mushrooms when nearly done.
2. Add the tin tomatoes and cook for a few minutes on a high heat.
3. Turn the heat down and add a few splashes of Worcester sauce, a good squeeze of tomato puree, the sugar and the mustard.
4. Stir and cook on a high heat for a few more minutes.
5. Turn the heat down and simmer for 20 minutes or so until the sauce has reduced slightly.
6. Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
7. When cooked, stir into pasta sauce adding the sweetcorn. Serve with grated cheese.