Ingredients1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
1 carrot (cut into discs)
1 small sweet potato (peeled and diced)
100g to 150g red lentils (or you can use green, but red ones seem to go down better for babies)
Small handful of baby spinach leaves
Grated cheese to serve
Handy HintAdd chopped ham or diced chicken for toddlers or babies moving to lumps
Method1. Heat oil in large pan.
2. Fry onion and garlic until turns translucent.
3. Add the carrot, potato and lentils and stir to coat with oil.
4. Add just enough water to cover, and bring to the boil.
5. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until lentils are cooked and vegetables tender, add more water if necessary to prevent drying out.
6. A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the spinach leaves.
7. When cooked, purée with a hand-held blender.
8. Before serving, stir in the cheese until melted
Freeze leftovers in individual portions