Ingredients500g bag of new potatoes (scrubbed and cut in half)
1 chorizo sausage (whole, not sliced, 250g approximately)
1 small onion
1 bay leaf
1-2 tbsp of olive oil
Method1. Slice the chorizo sausage into small chunks.
2. Finely slice and dice the onion and fry in the olive oil in a large, deep saucepan.
3. When the onion is soft, add the chorizo for a 3-4 minutes until the spices start to ooze out of the chorizo. Add the bay leaf.
4. Turn the heat down and whilst the bay leaf is cooking with the chorizo, add the new potatoes to the pan.
5. Add enough boiling water to just cover the potatoes.
6. Bring to the boil and simmer on the hob for 10 minutes, then stick it in a preheated moderate oven (180C, gas mark 4) for about 30-40 mins until the potatoes are tender.
Serve in big bowls with a generous sprinkling of chopped coriander over the top and some crusty bread.