180g caster sugar
180g ground almonds
200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
200g chestnuts (vacuum packed)
Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 160C, and line the bottom of your cake tin with greaseproof paper, butter and flour the bottom and sides.
2. Simmer the chestnuts in milk for 5 mins. Once they are soft, remove them from the milk and chop into little pieces. At this point you can also chop up the chocolate into small pieces.
3. Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Beat the butter with 140g caster sugar until mixture is pale and goes into peaks. Add the egg yolks and mix each one in properly. Then stir in the ground almonds, chopped up chocolate and chopped chestnuts.
4. Whisk the egg whites until foamy, add the other 40g sugar and the whisk until firm.
5. Fold the egg white mixture into the cake mixture, and pour into prepared cake tin.
6. Place in oven, and bake for 50mins until the filling is firm to touch. Remove and eat.